Codeplex NNTP bridge malfunction

Jul 8, 2010 at 8:25 PM

When I use the bridge, I frequently get the following error, and no download:  'User preference UseNNTPBridge Not Enabled' . I cannot find such a setting to enable it. Can anyone here elaborate on this problem... Thanks a bunch.

--
Eddie in Loveland

"Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence." - Leonard McCoy

Coordinator
Jul 9, 2010 at 9:39 AM
See documentation: Enabling the NNTP web-service access at the microsoft forums http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/documentation
Jul 9, 2010 at 1:46 PM

"Computers in the future may weigh less than 1.5 tons." Popular Mechanics, 1949

OK, V. 38 was originally installed over the Microsoft NNTP for ' Answers' and worked fine without the soccalled 'discussions' form included. This problem started after installing v. 39 over V. 38. Since I'm not interested in 'Discussions', if I go back to v. 38 can I go back to reading 'Answers' only??

-- Eddie in Loveland

"Computers in the future may weigh less than 1.5 tons." Popular Mechanics, 1949

Coordinator
Jul 9, 2010 at 5:11 PM

So rry, I do not understand your reply... also do I not understand what you mean with "discussion"... the "discussion" is displayed by the NNTP client (WLM?) and can be turned on and off...

Jul 9, 2010 at 5:23 PM

OK...I'm using Agent v. 6...so I should turn off the 'Discussions' groups there? And what is a WLM??

-- Eddie in Loveland

"42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot."

Coordinator
Jul 9, 2010 at 5:43 PM

Yes. WLM is Windows-Live-Mail; just an other Newsreader...

Jul 9, 2010 at 5:58 PM

OK...I found the right setting in Agent to turn off 'Discussions' and right now, all seems fine, but I learned that turning off the 'use the NNTP Bridge' setting in ' Discussions' causes the Bridge to not work.

Thanks for your help!!

--
Eddie in Loveland

"No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session." - Judge Gideon J. Tucker, 1866

Coordinator
Jul 9, 2010 at 8:41 PM

Great reply: "Disabling the NNTP bridge means, that the bridge does not work"

ROFL...