This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

OE view/show replies to my messages not working for this server

Jun 7, 2010 at 11:48 PM

I use Outlook Express as my news reader (on XP pro SP3). One useful option is to use view menu, current view, show replies to my messages. That filters out threads I have not posted in and displays only those threads in which I have posted, highlighting my own posts in red, It works fine with other news servers but  with NNTP bridge, with that option checked, no threads at all are shown. It didn't work either with the MS NNTP bridges.

Is that a limitation of a bridge or could you code it in? It really makes it much easier to keep track of threads to which I'm contributing.

Coordinator
Jun 8, 2010 at 5:19 AM

This is one of the main features of the Community bridge ;)

You just need to enter your Forums username and your email addressinto the fields on the main dialog. Then restart the bridge. All new threads from you should now have your email address and then the "show my threads should work.

Coordinator
Jun 8, 2010 at 8:19 AM

Starting with V33, I have made an "automatic detection of own threads". So no need to enter UserName, Email in the bridge anymore!

For more info see:

http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=FAQ&referringTitle=Documentation

Jun 8, 2010 at 11:32 PM

I had an older version (26 Ithink). Uninstalled that and installed V34 (made available just today).

I posted a test message in one forum, and that is now filtered correctly. However posts made previously don't show. That's OK by me as none of those older threads are still active, but maybe of interest as feedback.

Thanks for your help.

Coordinator
Jun 9, 2010 at 5:28 AM

Hi!

Yes, it only works for older posts if your download the complete newsgroup again.

Jun 9, 2010 at 4:22 PM
You need to enter username and your email address into the fields on the main dialog

San Diego Home care, Home Care San Diego, Senior Care San Diego, San Diego Elder Care

Coordinator
Jun 9, 2010 at 4:32 PM

No you do not need to do this anymore.. it will be automatically detected your you have posted at least one message...

Jun 9, 2010 at 7:06 PM
jkalmbach wrote:

Hi!

Yes, it only works for older posts if your download the complete newsgroup again.

Many thanks, that worked.