This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

How to modify configuration file

Jun 5, 2010 at 3:21 PM

Hi,

I can't modify, as an adminsitrator, the CommunityForumsNNTPServer.exe.config configuration file.
It appears the message "Please Check whether if (sic) this file is opened in another program".
However, I killed the application in the Task Manager and Lockhunter (W7 64 bits) did not reveal any program linked to the file.

Regards

Aski

Coordinator
Jun 5, 2010 at 3:23 PM

You need to open a command prompt or start texplorer with *Administrator*!
Even if you are administrator your account is not an administrator.

Go in your Start menu and right click on Command Prompt (or explorer) and seect "Start as administrator". Now you have admin rights ;)

Jun 5, 2010 at 6:33 PM

Sorry, I thought it was caused by a DLL, regarding the displayed message.
This is not exactly the solution because Explorer is not an editor. But the track is the good one. I ran NotePad++  as administrator and it has worked properly (I thought it was so defined).

Thank you for your wonderful software.

Jun 6, 2010 at 11:36 AM

In Win 7 Explorer cannot be started with admin rights. If you need a file manager with admin rights, you have to use a third party product.

Jun 6, 2010 at 12:48 PM

Windows Explorer can perfectly be launched as an administrator, but it cannot provide editing.
NotePad, launched as an administrator, allows you to edit the configuration file

Jun 6, 2010 at 10:25 PM
Yes, it can be perfectly launched as Admin, but this Explorer instance nevertheless does NOT have admin rights in Win 7. It still runs with integrity level medium.
Jun 7, 2010 at 6:44 AM

Go in your Start menu and right click on Command Prompt (or explorer) and seect "Start as administrator". Now you have admin rights ;)

San Diego Home care ,Home Care San Diego,Senior Care San Diego,San Diego Elder Care