This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Missing Answers.en-US.xprepair

Jun 4, 2010 at 2:47 AM
I have installed the community bridge server, using Outlook Express, replacing the two MS NNTP bridges. I'm missing one news group: Answers.en-US.xprepair that I had when using the MS Answersnntp bridge. Its equivalent is there in other languages, but not apparently in en_US. Grateful if you could add it.
Jun 4, 2010 at 6:44 AM

The web-service sometimes are not returning the complete list... you need to try agaon or add the newsgroup by hand (if your newsclient will allow this).

Jun 4, 2010 at 5:14 PM

Thank you for the clarification.

I don't think that I can add a newsgroup to a news account in Outllook Express, other than by subscribing to groups in the downloaded list. If someone knows otherwise, please instruct me. Meantime, I will just keep on trying to reset the list,

Jun 4, 2010 at 7:36 PM
JRosenfeld wrote:

Thank you for the clarification.

I don't think that I can add a newsgroup to a news account in Outllook Express, other than by subscribing to groups in the downloaded list. If someone knows otherwise, please instruct me. Meantime, I will just keep on trying to reset the list,

Try entering, e.g., in an IE Address bar:   news://localhost/Answers.en-US.xprepair

BTW why does this forum web app keep trying to find keyboard focus in the quote?

Jun 5, 2010 at 2:45 PM

"Answers.en-US.xprepair"

I am using WLM and went in to the main Newsgroup listing and I can see the group - You probably just need to "Reset List".

Jun 5, 2010 at 4:25 PM
Edited Jun 5, 2010 at 4:26 PM

Yes, thanks.

I had been resetting the list at various intervals, and today it downloaded a large number of additional newsgroups, including this one. Presumably whatever the problem had been with the server has been resolved.

If there is a 'problem solved' function (can't find it), this can be marked as such.

Jun 5, 2010 at 4:27 PM

This seems to be a server problem... sorry...