This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

NNTP Bridge for windows 2000

Jun 2, 2010 at 9:31 PM

Hi every one,

I wanted to know, if the project to build NNTP bridge  which would work with windows 2000 is planned.

I'm working at work with this OS, and i can't connect to my favourites forums with my newreader (OE6)

Thank you for your help.

Michel dit Xepat  

Jun 3, 2010 at 5:41 AM

There's no reason this shouldn't work with OE6, though I admit I haven't tried it. It's pretty much reader-agnostic, and it works well with XP's version of OE and with WinMail, so I'd be surprised if it doesn't with OE6.

Coordinator
Jun 3, 2010 at 7:00 AM

The problem is, that the project is build with .NET3.5SP1...

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ab99342f-5d1a-413d-8319-81da479ab0d7&displaylang=en

And W2k is not supported. If MS will not change the requirements, I will also not do it...

Jun 3, 2010 at 8:20 AM

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

I understand your point of view. But, does a solution exist to connect through newsreaders with W2K.

May be can i download another newsreader like  Thunderbird or MesNews or .....

Michel dit Xepat

Coordinator
Jun 3, 2010 at 8:29 AM

There is no problem with the newsclient... it is the NNTPBridge which requires XP...

The only solution is to install the NNTPBridge on an XP (or later) OS and then you can "BindToTheWorld", so you can access the bridge from any client in your network. So you can then connect from your w2k computer to the bridge...