HTML formatting is being stripped from my posts! (V.19)

Jun 2, 2010 at 1:08 AM

Is this bridge trying to be a Plain Text only transport?   The MS bridge worked better with HTML posting than this one does.   Unfortunately WLMail doesn't have a Source Edit to allow me to experiment better but so far by blackbox testing I can tell that the bridge has stripped both blockquote tags and embedded italics.   IOW when my posts are seen on the forum any quoting is indistinguishable from new material.  I think it should at least respect my use of italics if it can't keep the blockquote tag.  

Is this because of the switch to DIV instead of BR?  FWIW I liked BR better, as it is closer to what the forums HTML editor does.  E.g.  BR represents me pressing  Shift-Enter while P represents me pressing just Enter.   I don't understand the implications of using DIV or how they get added.  

Another factor that I have no control over is that WLMail will be sending both a Plain Text version and an HTML version of my posts;  so perhaps you will need a user preference that says "Don't use any Plain Text" input?

Thanks

Robert
---

Coordinator
Jun 2, 2010 at 4:31 AM

If your client is senting MIME-Multiplart currently only the text/plan section is taken and sent to the forum.

I will make it confugurable, if you want to sent the text/html isnstead.

Greetings
  Jochen

Coordinator
Jun 2, 2010 at 5:24 AM

It will be fixed in the next release, later this day

// 2010-06-02, V22
// - Better support for mime/multipart messages (WLM)
//   Now you can decide what will be used: "text/plain" or "text/html"

Coordinator
Jun 2, 2010 at 11:06 AM

V22 is now released!