Code bug

May 28, 2010 at 3:57 PM

There appears to be a bug in the code so that if you have "Auto-hide the taskbar" enabled and minimize your app to the systray it breaks the auto-hide forcing the taskbar to stay on top until you either restore your app or close it.

Coordinator
May 28, 2010 at 4:17 PM

Thanks for this feedback!

I have it solved in the V13 release...

Greetings
  Jochen

May 28, 2010 at 5:32 PM
Sweet!

Now, would you consider the ability to filter out which servers we want to pull from (127.0.0.1 pulls from at least 4 different groups) and the ability to limit groups to only ones from a particular language, say "US"? Right now it pulls 2600+groups and with MS's servers so dog slow it takes forever just to refresh.

Thanks...
Brian Bergin

At 12:17 28 05 10 Friday, you wrote:

Thanks for this feedback!

I have it solved in the V13 release...

Greetings
Jochen

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ( communitybridge@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email communitybridge@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Coordinator
May 29, 2010 at 6:48 AM

I will implement the filter like in the RFC specified in a later time. But this will not lead to faster responses, because the filter will be implemented in my bridge and not the web-service. So I have to download *all* newsgroups and then apply the filter...

May 29, 2010 at 2:12 PM
jkalmbach wrote:

I will implement the filter like in the RFC specified in a later time. But this will not lead to faster responses, because the filter will be implemented in my bridge and not the web-service. So I have to download *all* newsgroups and then apply the filter...

I understand; the filter has to deal with the backend and the backend has no option to setup a "filter" and only retrieve certain "groups" (ok, forums), so your program will have to go through the full list, discard the forums not matching a given pattern (regexp or whatever)... so such a thing won't shorten the time needed to retrieve the forums list (not a real issue imHo)... in such a case, I think you'd better leave this one in the backburner in case someone at Microsoft will decide to improve the backend... all in all, as someone said, the current backend is more or less an "experiment"; if you look at the URL

http://services.social.microsoft.com/ForumsServicePreview/ForumsService.svc

you'll find that the "preview" keyword in there is quite self-explicative <grin>