This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Highlight own messages

Jun 17, 2010 at 4:45 PM

Hi,
when I use the bridge, my own messages are not highlighted from my reader (MesNews) so I cannot identify what threads I am involved.

I can imagine the reader recognize my own thread starting from the email address, but this is not included in the downloaded posts so the match is not possible.

I was wondering if the bridge can add the header with my own email address for the messages that match with my full name as exposed from the liveid.
I am not sure if this workaround would fix the problem, but that's my guess.

Thanks,
Raffaele

Jun 17, 2010 at 4:48 PM

Which verson are you using? You should update to the latest version.

And then you only need to post *once* to any group and all subsequent articles will have your email address, which you have configured in your client.

Also be sure you have an *empty* "UserName" and "UserEmail" in the Advanced Settings!

Jun 17, 2010 at 5:20 PM

I could finally did it.

There is a case where the email is not added:
* maybe if there are square brackets in the full name (in my case "Raffaele Rialdi [MVP]" )
* maybe because the email address is not well formed (in my case "malta@n0spam_vevy.com" )

Now I forced the newsreader to use a different identity for localhost and now it works.

Thanks!

Jun 17, 2010 at 5:23 PM

The UserName does not matter... but if the email address is not well-formed I will ignore it... Thanks for this comment!

Jun 17, 2010 at 5:24 PM

Ah, now I see.
I always used only bad-formed email address on usenet. A human can fix it, but a bot can have some problem :)

Thanks