This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Can the Social.Technet Forums Be Accessed Through The Bridge

Jun 1, 2010 at 12:13 AM

Agent 6
NNTP Bridge 1.1.8

I can see the Answer forums but not the Social.Technet forums.  Are they accessible through the bridge?

Coordinator
Jun 1, 2010 at 4:24 AM

Both worlds are accessible trhou the brigde. But you need to enabled the bridge on both worlds.

Also please use release V19!

Jun 1, 2010 at 4:28 AM

Yes.   Did you use the bridge's Prefetch newsgroup list button?  Alternatively you can do the same thing that we used to have to do with the MS bridge--get the list into the cache using  telnet.    E.g. enter  telnet  localhost  119  and then enter:   LIST    If you don't do a prefetch you may notice that the list has long delays as it comes in spurts.   I think it's likely that such delays may be misinterpreted by users' newsreaders so that the list response is truncated.   Anyway, once you do it to completion one place it will be much faster when you try it again, in your newsreader.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Jun 1, 2010 at 1:16 PM
Both worlds are accessible trhou the brigde. But you need to enabled the bridge on both worlds.

Use NNTP Bridge is checked in:

Answers > Forums Home > Users > userid
and
Microsoft Developer Network > Forums Home > Users > userid

Where else does it need to be set?

Jun 1, 2010 at 1:17 PM
Did you use the bridge's Prefetch newsgroup list button?

Yes.

Coordinator
Jun 1, 2010 at 1:43 PM

Can you:

* Use V20
* Start the bridge
* Enable the debug window (Tools|Show debug window...)
* Check all Checkboxes
* Press the "Prefetch" button
* See if an exception is logged in the debug window
* Post this exception here (right click on the entry and select "Copy to clipboard")

Jun 2, 2010 at 7:40 PM

Using V23 I can see at least some of the Social.Technet forums.

I had the bridge prefetch the newsgroup list.  It says there are 2614 newsgroups.  When I have Agent 6 Update Directory.../Download complete list it says there are only 2568.  Is this expected behavior?

Coordinator
Jun 2, 2010 at 7:55 PM

This might be, because there are some "duplicates" returned from the server... and Agent filters these out...